Booklets on social security and related contributions in Finland
The booklets below contain instructions on how to take out social insurance in Finland. The booklets are available in several languages and include relevant contact information.
Booklets on Finnish statutory social insurance contributions:
- in English (pdf)
- in Estonian / eesti keeles (pdf)
- in German / auf Deutsch (pdf)
- in French / en français (pdf)
- in Italian / in italiano (pdf)
- in Swedish / på svenska (pdf)
- in Russian / русский (pdf)
- in Finnish / suomeksi (pdf)
Social security for employees
In Finland, your employer must take out social security insurance for you and its other employees. This applies to both Finnish and foreign employees. You and your employer both contribute to the financing of you social security.
For more information on when the social security of employees is to be arranged in Finland, see sections Working abroad and Foreign employer in Finland.
Social security for self-employed workers
If you are self-employed, you must take out the statutory insurance yourself and pay your own social security contributions. For more information on when you have to insure yourself in Finland, go to section Working abroad and Pension Coverage and Insurance/Self-employed.
The self-employed must contact one of the pension providers and the tax administration to find out their obligations relating to social security contributions.
- Working abroad
- Salary for insurance purposes
- Pension coverage and insurance/Self-employed
- Foreign employees in Finland
- Contact information