Topical issues

20.1.2023 News

Finnish Centre for Pensions advices to apply for an A1 certificate also for short periods of work abroad

As the A1 certificate may be needed also for short periods of work abroad, the Finnish Centre for Pensions advices employers to apply for it also when sending their employees abroad to work for a short period of time. The underlying reason for this is that working abroad has become increasingly common, which has led to the need to specify the instructions on when to apply for an A1 certificate. For those travelling often, it is worth the while to apply for the A1 certificate for two years at a time.

3.1.2023 Press releases

Use the YEL calculator on to calculate the confirmed income from self-employment

When starting working as a self-employed person, the confirmed income for insurance under the Self-employed Persons’ Pensions Act (YEL) can be estimated using the calculator on The calculator as part of the instructions on confirmed income is also a useful tool when guiding self-employed people. The calculator is open to all and requires no login. It is available in English, Finnish and Swedish.

Finnish Centre for Pensions – Central body of and expert on statutory earnings-related pensions