Areas of Research
- Young people’s transition to working life
- Rehabilitation and disability
- The careers of light entrepreneurs
- Employment and pension accrual of informal carers
I have a PhD in economics from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), where I specialised in applied microeconomic methods. I have also worked with qualitative research methods, combining quantitative and qualitative methods. In the last few years I worked as a consultant for a Norwegian private research company. I worked with decision-makers in public administration and on public service evaluation.
My research covers labour market, welfare, health and education economics. I am interested in the transition of young people from education to work, but also in the factors that influence this transition, such as mental health and social exclusion. I am also interested in phenomena that can contribute to a more sustainable public sector, such as preventive work, closer cooperation between public actors and the development of new services.
Ongoing research projects
- Rehabilitees’ view on the process of vocational rehabilitation
- From work to retirement -survey
Read more: Ongoing Research Projects.
- Bråten, Ragnhild Haugli ja Sten-Gahmberg, Susanna (2022). Unge uføre og veien til uføretrygd. Søkelys på arbeidslivet, 39, (1), p.1-19. DOI: 10.18261/spa.39.1.4